Monday, February 21, 2011

Christmas UFO

Over Christmas I was in between jobs so had a bit of time on my hands and decided to get some of my favourite UFO's moved along to the next stage.

One of my most beautiful "I can't believe I haven't finished that yet" UFO's, is this quilt Whimsical Basket from Kaffe Fassett's Caravan of Quilts. All I had left to do was the 2" pieced border, so I sat down after the excitement of Christmas and got it done, and I am feeling pretty pleased with myself!

Whilst I was on the "finishing" high I used the scraps and my stash to piece the back.

...and still basking the glow of a now completed top and back....I made a pillow....

I think I have used up all the scraps now! My mother bought me the fabric for this quilt as a kit about 6 years ago when I was in a bit of a "quilting slump", so I am feeling great about being ready to quilt! I have a deadline to have it quilted by end of July for a local quilting exhibition.

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations Stacey - what a lovely site, and beautiful, colourful quilts. What a generous mother you have to give you such a lovely quilt. I bet she is pleased that you were able to make it all by yourself. Keep sewing, I look forward to many more posts.

    ReplyDelete